Menu

Why is My Electrical Outlet Hot?Why is My Electrical Outlet Hot?


Electrical outlets should not be hot to the touch. If any outlet in the home is hot or warm when it is touched, it is a sign of trouble. There are a few things that may cause this problem, which can occur when nothing is plugged into the outlet. If you notice that an outlet feels warm or hot to the touch, the following problems are likely the cause of trouble.

·    The biggest reason an outlet becomes hot is due to the number of items plugged into the outlet. We need electricity for a variety of things, including smartphones, video game consoles and remotes, printers, video cameras, and more. All of these things can quickly drain and overpower the outlet supply.

·    How old is the wiring in your home? If you reside in an older home, there is a chance that your wiring is old and outdated. This can be a cause of electrical problems, including hot outlets. An electrician can update the wiring and outlets to more modern options that reduce risks of damage.

·    Using an oversized breaker or fuse may also cause a world of trouble in a home. One of the minor problems is a hot outlet.

electricians in Spokane

·    Damaged cords can also result in fire -and a hot outlet. It is necessary that you replace these cords/electronics at once if you notice damaged or fray wiring. It increases the risks of fire and damage and puts the lives of your family and friends at risk.

Get Help from an Electrician At Once

You shouldn’t hesitate to reach out to electricians in Spokane if you notice hot wall outlets. They have the skills and expertise to diagnose the trouble and quickly make a repair before any adverse problems occur.